Below you can find key resources and tools that were developed during the duration of the AHEAD project (26 months).
End of project booklet
For an overview of the results and achievements of our project, please have a look at our End of Project Booklet – in English, and in national languages:
Country research briefs
Additionally, we produced an ‘EU level research brief‘ that includes a regional perspective.
Watch our webinar ‘What are medical deserts and how do we find them?’ (September 16, 2022) about the country findings.
Medical Deserts Diagnostic Tool
Medical Deserts Diagnostic Tool, including:
- Medical desertification definition
- Medical desertification index calculation methodology
- Research methodology to investigate medical deserts
- Interactive maps for case study identification/observation of medical desertification process
- Each map contains an illustrative story of a lived experience of someone affected by medical deserts
- A set of indicators that provide wider country context insight
Watch our webinar ‘Tackling and preventing medical deserts with the Medical Deserts Diagnostic Tool’ (November 21, 2022).
You can also watch our short explainer video (slides) about the tool.
Participatory consensus building
Consensus building methodology
- A brief overview of the method
- A detailed methodology guideline
- An evaluation of the methodology implementation
Watch our webinar ‘Participatory consensus building for collaboration on tackling medical deserts’ (January 27, 2023).
You can also have a look at our Powerpoint presentation about the methodology.
A set of contextualized and feasible policy solutions to address medical deserts in the project countries, in English and national languages:
Additionally, we produced an ‘EU Policy Brief’ that links the national policy options to a European policy context, as discussed during EU level policy dialogues
Watch our webinar ‘What are policy options for effectively tackling medical deserts?’ (March 16, 2023).
Medical Deserts Network
Medical Deserts Network, that compiles useful resources related to the programme and the Health Workforce Projects Cluster
Call to Action
A Call to Action – a summary of EU level recommendations. Please click HERE or on the image below:
- Project leaflets with general information about AHEAD (in English, Dutch, Italian, Romanian and Serbian).